Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center (SWCC) rescues and rehabilitates wildlife that has been injured, displaced, and orphaned. Once rehabilitated, they are returned to the wild. Sanctuary is provided to animals that cannot be released back to the wild. The Education Department tells the story of the animals brought to our facility and promotes the income streams to support them. This position will be held by a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member who will assist us with building our capacity in educating visitors and local residents on living with wildlife and the importance of native wildlife to healthy ecosystems.
The Education Specialist assists with development and implementation of all education programming including on-site tours, off-site programs, promotional events, and special events. The Education Specialist will work closely with the Lead Education Specialist, Marketing Coordinator and the Volunteer Coordinator to accomplish the goals of the Education Department. This position requires working a flexible schedule which will include some nights, weekends and holidays.
Pay range: Non-Exempt, $15 - $17 hourly
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide tours and programs for a variety of ages and assist with events, support tours as needed
- Update and refresh current programs
- Provide education volunteers with training, mentoring and general support
- Answer and respond to the Education Department general phone line
- Respond to Education Department general emails
- Complete and mail animal sponsorship packages, online gift shop items
- Maintain the event and tour calendar, keeping SWCC staff informed of activities
- Scheduling and registration of tours and updating tour rosters
- Coordination of school communications
- Supports and helps coordinate the planning, implementation and logistical support for SWCC sponsored events, including the Donor Appreciation event.
- Develops and/or refreshes events to ensure repeat attendees.
- Record keeping including use of Volgistics
Fill in the application below in its entirety and someone from our Careers team will reach out as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest, and for caring for wildlife!