- Habitat: This adaptable feline can be found in a wide variety of different habitats including deserts, sage brush, riparian woodlands, coniferous forests, broad leaf forests, chaparral swamp - even suburban areas.
- Status: Least concern
- Diet: An obligate carnivore, their food of choice is rabbit - but they will eat birds, rodents, lizards, snakes, and carrion.
- Weight: 15-30 lbs.
- Height: 20" tall; 2-2.5' in length
- Lifespan: 10-13 years in the wild; up to 25 years in captivity
- Interesting Facts
- The black and white marks on the backs of a bobcat's ears are false eyes. False eyes are common in nature and appear on all kinds of animals, from birds to butterflies. They are meant to deceive potential predators.