Weekend Animal Caretaker
This position is an integral part of the animal care team responsible for the care, welfare and safety of the animal collection. This position requires working weekends including holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday. This is a part time position of 16 hours per week at a pay rate of $12 hourly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform AM and PM animal and enclosure checks in conjunction with other animal care staff.
This position assists with the daily care of sanctuary and releasable wildlife, which includes:
- Preparing diets
- Feeding/medicating animals
- Cleaning/maintaining animal enclosures
- Daily observation of animal health and welfare
- Reporting irregular animal behavior to manager/vet staff
- Providing approved enrichment
- Assisting in positive reinforcement training for basic husbandry and enrichment behaviors
- Assisting with the movement, capture and restraint of animals
- Communicate with Animal Care and Animal Health staff regarding new and ongoing animal needs
- Prepare daily report and send electronically to all SWCC staff
Other duties as assigned
· A series of 3 pre-exposure rabies vaccinations is required as well as a current Tetanus vaccination.
· High school diploma is required.
· Previous experience in zoo/animal related field is preferred.
Must be able to:
· Perform physical labor in varying weather conditions
· Lift at least 50 lbs. and be in good health
· Work independently under general supervision
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls.