Clerical Assistant Positon
The Clerical Assistant provides a variety of clerical and administrative support to Southwest Wildlife operations with a primary focus on processing donations, data entry of records into the donor database, and producing gift acknowledgements. The Clerical Assistant will also assist with other clerical and administrative tasks on request and as time is available.
$12 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process all donations, fees, and sales received by Southwest Wildlife via checks, cash, and credit card. Processing differs depending if the gift is by check, credit card, or cash.
· Manage record keeping associated with deposits of each kind of gift
· Manage corporate matching gifts program, Wild Family (monthly donor) program, and gifts received through PayPal, Benevity, and other sources.
· Provide timely and accurate deposit information to the Bookkeeper for financial record-keeping
· Create new donor records as needed and enter gift data for donors into the donor database
· Manage the gift acknowledgement process by providing names and contact information of the largest gifts to appropriate staff for additional acknowledgement, printing and mailing thank you letters to donors of larger gifts, and working with volunteers who produce thank you notes for donors of smaller gifts
· Work with the Bookkeeper to ensure that records in the fundraising and accounting databases tie at the end of each month
· Provide miscellaneous clerical and administrative support as requested and as time is available to executive director and other staff
· Accurate and detail-oriented; well organized
· Able to do simple arithmetic, prepare simple correspondence
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
· Data entry experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including phone
· Flexible, able to switch between varied clerical tasks
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Mike Nolan: email@example.com. No phone calls.